View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 02:00 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Happy Holidays Oilers fans!

Your team is young and not as defensively sound as a more seasoned line-up. That's cool. I can remember back to a team thirty years ago that did okay with an elite offense that didn't backcheck. They had a guy named Fuhr in net. He were a wizard at stopping breakaways. He saw them all the time, every game.

Is Dubnyk like Fuhr? Does he relish the breakaway? Most goalies are good at one on ones nowadays because of this league's tie break procedure. Discount that, it's a joke and not related to hockey. I am talking about goaltending in gameplay circumstances. Is Dubnyk the right guy for the Oilers at this juncture?

If the management of the Oilers think they need a veteran goalie with leadership ability to calm the kids and steady the back-end, who is a better option than Luongo? Luongo has book on the NW division and fits the criteria.

I would personally welcome a strong Oilers team and I think this would do some good. This, even with no return discussed. Gillis has bungled the **** out of the Luongo sitch and will not get much back from anybody.