View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 02:26 AM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
The couple of games I watched, he's fine with the college game. He's having a really hard time finishing right now, that seemed to be his only problem to me.

Like I said, I'd imagine that his summer camp was enough to get him named to the prelim roster but Galchenyuk and Trochek probably have the top two center spots locked up. My opinion is Kuraly would be their best bet for the #3 C but there's a couple of other centers who have are having much better seasons than Kuraly. His size, skating and versatility should get him a spot on the team but US hockey won't completely ignore his struggles so far this year.
I hear ya. And I haven't seen every Miami game this season and maybe this is what you mean by not finishing, but when I watch him he's forcing shots that are more often than not blocked or off-net. Not that he's necessarily snake-bitten and getting robbed (though I recall one big save). I think in time he'll figure things out, start breaking away, starting making more space, and being a little quicker and more accurate with the puck that he'll start contributing at a higher level.

Great analysis in your second paragraph, I agree!

Because of that depth down the middle, I wonder if Kuraly might slot over to the wing? What do you think?