View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Illinest

vCash: 500
I'm not sure if I've got this straight...

It's not Fleury's fault that he has a bad save percentage - it's the coaches fault and the player's fault?

What would we say about this example then? Columbus sucked last year and they had two goaltenders who split the time pretty evenly. Steve Mason had an .894 percentage but Curtis Sanford had .911, while MAF had .913.

Are we saying that MAF's job was as tough as Curtis Sanford's, or is it that Curtis Sanford is just a better goaltender than MAF?

If Sanford is better than MAF then what business does anyone have comparing MAF to Barrasso? But if MAF's job was so tough that he couldn't outperform Curtis Sanford then how do we explain the fact that the Pens came within a few points of the President's trophy while Columbus had the worst record in the league. Are the chances against Fleury so much worse than anyone else's chances that they overwhelm all of the other advantages that he enjoys?

Do I seem mean spirited? I guess I must. I'm sorry - I'm just about done with being patient is all. By this time I expected MAF to be stealing playoff series, not giving them away. I wouldn't even care so much if he were just mediocre, but he has been BAD.

Illinest is offline   Reply With Quote