View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 04:02 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerone View Post
I think these "all time greatest" list are bit silly since its really hard for us to judge players against each other first, because way back in the day the game was clearly not as evolved as it is today and athletes were not on the same level, and second because most of us have no clue how these players were and are all basing our judgement on what we have heard, read of seen a few seconds of in black and white.

But the truth is that, you take someone like Lindstrom and send him back 50 years and he would dominate in ways no one back then could even imagine. Thats not to say a player back then was not amazing, its just the skill, athleticism, power etc. has evolved so much that you cant compare across eras like this.
Maybe but I have no idea which Lindstrom you are sending back.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/playersearch2.php

None are very good players.

Still amazes me how often people do this, especially in threads where the correct spelling is in almost every post and at the top of the page. Sorry just a pet peeve as a Detroit fan, I am sure this kind of screw up is annoying with Bourque fans and his name as well. Also shows something about this source that they did it in an article while trying to show some sort of mastery on the subject, pretty bad.