View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 08:13 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Karp View Post
What are the chances the two Frontenacs make it? I'm assuming Mikko Vainonen has a decent chance while Henri Ikonen will likely not make it?
I'd say both have an equally decent chance. Vainonen is in contest for two open DD slots with two other guys none of which have more prestige than he does, so if he outperforms even one of them, he has a good shot.

Ikonen could bring some grit to the table, which is in surprisingly short order this year, very atypical for Team Finland. Given how he was invited all the way from across the pond, I'm fairly sure the coach didn't do it just to give him a courtesy nod. He definitely has a playing chance, just like pretty much every other player in the current camp roster.

Only real longshot I can call out from that roster is Ville Järveläinen. Pretty skilled, yes, but it's not like we're grasping hard to find some this time around. Not particularly physical either, in fact the complete opposite. Smallest of the bunch, with only a 5' 5" frame. Was in Sundsvall, and was decent, but didn't exactly outplay anyone.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote