View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 09:23 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
I am sorry, but what has AG done for Sarnia? Sure he is a 3rd pick, but what has he done for the Sting. While he and Yaki were/are nice to watch, i am sure what they do is for them.
If they can get a deal they cannot resist, and he agrees, he's gone. In its current state, without ****** our future, this is not an MC team.
He's sold tickets for them. That's exactly what he's done. Without him in the lineup the attendance records would be sub-1000. And clearly, he's a big part of why they are 1st in the division (as of now).

I won't disagree that if they get blown away with an offer then he's likely gone but the chances of a team stepping up to the plate and overpaying for Galchenyuk are slim right now. The NHL lockout will prevent that from happening as no team will overpay for a kid that night be gone (even though I'm thinking these young prospects are nearing the threshold where NHL teams should keep them in Jr rather than come play a shortened NHL season).

I also don't think there are a lot of teams with the pieces to get a deal done. London has the pieces but they're also very deep with a team that might be better off getting a cheaper option. They're already a great team.

At the end of the day it's all about $$$ and that's clearly important for Sarnia (see last year's early moves to "go for it" to make a playoff run). Sarnia will base their decisions on $$$.

What I feel the Sting should do and what I think they will do are very different.