View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by howswedeitis View Post
Vrána has been very up and down in the Swedish Elite League, but I'm still impressed by the kid. He doesn't play like a 16-year-old. Tries to challenge his opponents and is always ready to shoot. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes the cut, Přerost seems to be very fond of him.
What amazes me most is that I had a chance to talk with him at the U-18 last spring and he was really quite a small little fella. Surely he's very much in the most important growing phase of his life, but he had a bit of thin frame and certainly wasn't very tall (I'm 5'11" and he we were not at eye level).

As such, one has to think that when skating in the SEL, he's up against men who are simply much better, stronger physical specimens at this juncture. Quite impressive that he's even gotten some time with the big boys.

I don't know how much it'll continue though. The team recently picked up Lee Goren and Patrik Zackrisson is about to come off the injury list, so forward corps will be beefing up again as both of these players are the types of guys who'd get 13-20 minutes of ice time per game.

Can't wait to see how Vrana looks at the WJC, however, we shouldn't forget that, for example, most of team Sweden features players who are seeing regular ice time in the SEL, Allsvenskan, Canadian Juniors, or even in the AHL. I fully expect the Swedes to be one of the tourney's top 3 clubs, but that belongs in the 'No duh' category.:-)

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote