View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantACup View Post
Say what you will about Quinn, but his teams gelled. The guy is a Mans man. I spoke to another player who commented on the fact that during Quinn's era you would regularly find him talking to the Zamboni driver or the janitor in his office. Those places are all of limits to everyone now. His comment to me stated "it was a dream down there now it's just a nightmare". Quinn also says he got squeezed out of the organization, and wasn't to happy about it. He also thought we should have beat Carolina and would have won the cup. For what it's worth as a fan talking to him was a freakin highlight. Burke has huge pair of Irish shoes to fill."
Funny story, back when Lindros was a Leaf, my parents went to Buffalo to see a game with some friends. I guess they stayed in the same hotel as the players and they were sitting in the hotel bar when the team started coming down, so they went over to see if they could talk to any of the players or get any autographs.

So Eric Lindros came down and sorta snubbed them off, and right behind him was Pat Quinn and Tie Domi, so they made a comment like "Oh well we will talk to Pat and Tie, we like them better anyway" and they both came up laughing. Tie signed some autographs and went on the bus, but they ended up chatting to Pat for a good 25 minutes while all the players came down

Cor is offline   Reply With Quote