Thread: Prospect Info: Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season
View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Pilgore88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
This is exactly what crossed my mind when I saw the invite list.. How can this be possible?

I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that the 67s are terrible this year. The guy is a two way minute eater defenseman.. How the hell does he get left at home? What a joke. A guy like Adam Pelech makes it over Ceci, are you kidding? I knew a spot was no guarantee on the final roster, but not even the selection camp..
It's pretty obvious what Hockey Canada was thinking. Spott is head coach, so we know Murphy will be the go to guy offensively with Hamilton. Those are two guy's guarenteed to be on the PP over Ceci.

Add in Rielly, who Hockey Canada certainly view as a better option out there offensively, that is three guys who are certain to be relied upon for offence.

Harrington and Ouellete will both be back there as Defensive anchors, which leaves two open spots, which will more than likely be used on two-way d-men.

The other Offensive D that were invited (Dumba, Pouliot, Sproul) are all having years similar to Ceci (With the exception of Dumba, I think he made it because of his name) and a case could be made for any of them. Dumba and Pouliot are 18 and will likely be go-to guy's next year, (although, same could have been said of Ceci last year) and Sproul has been lights out this year.

It is not as if Ceci is a bad prospect. This year is the best for Canadian D men since 03'. He is a top 5 Offensive Dman in the CHL, but there are 3-4 who are better or equal, while being slightly better Defensively.