View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Burnside and LeBrun (ESPN) discuss Tuesday's owners/players meeting. Some interesting stuff, especially on Penguins owner Ron Burkle:

Quote:
PIERRE LEBRUN: Burkleís inclusion is the key, in my opinion. Hugely successful in his private businesses, the billionaire has a reputation as a deal-maker. Heck, he was once named "Man of the Year" by the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor. He negotiated with unions many times in his business career. How could he not be a benefit to this process? Burkle, Iím told, has strongly wanted to get involved of late and I believe heís going into this meeting with the intent of doing everything he can to close the gap between the sides. And I donít think Jacobs' presence in the room means a newbie like Burkle is going to take any marching orders from him. So I can only take it as a positive that Burkle, with his impressive track record in his real-life business world, is taking a stab at this. Fresh voices are needed in this impasse, thatís clear and obvious. But itís not just new voices that are needed, but rather voices that matter, voices that can make the difference. And I think, in Burkle, thereís a real positive here.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...uld-be-pivotal