View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 09:13 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I think you are being a bit too generous towards Edmonton with these comparisons.

I don't know how you can say Nugent-Hopkins is better than Koivu, considering what Koivu has already proven. He has averaged over .856 PPG over the past 4 years while playing elite 2-way hockey. At best I'd call them equal, only because of RNH's upside, but at this point I don't see how you can say he is or will be a better player.

Eberle=Parise is a bit of a stretch as well. Eberle had a great year last year. Statistically better than Parise. But Parise has already put up over a PPG twice in his career, including a 94 point season 4 years ago. He's only 28 so I don't see his game starting to decline for at least another 4 or 5 years. While Eberle is still extremely young and should continue to improve, I don't think he has proven enough yet to warrant being put on par with Parise.

This leads me to Schultz>Dumba. Right now I would agree, although going by your listings of RNH>Koivu and Eberle=Parise, shouldn't you have listed Schultz=Dumba? Considering Dumba was just drafted and is 4 years younger than Schultz. His upside is higher than Schultz's upside(similar offensive potential, much more of a physical game). I just think if you are basing your comparisons on potential and how these guys are projected to develop, how can you list Schultz as being better than Dumba? It's inconsistent, IMO.

BTW, regardless of whether or not Brodin is equal to or a better prospect than Klefbom, I wouldn't base my opinion on an HF poster. Even if he/she is Swedish.
I can guarantee you that the 1st overall draft pick who, as an 18 year old rookie, exceeded Koivu's PPG in a similarly injury shortened season, will be the better player when all is said and done.

I wouldn't trade Eberle for Parise simply because of their age difference and cap hits but I agree with you that Parise is ahead at this point.

I like Dumba and think he'll be a quality player one day. A quarter way through the season, Schultz is on pace to win the AHL equivalent of the Hart, Art Ross, and Norris trophies. This really isn't debatable.

Having watched both play, in person, at last year's World Junior and hearing reports of their 19 year old seasons, I prefer Klefbom to Brodin but they are rather close.

Minnesota is going to be a very good team in the not too distant future. That said, as an Oilers fan, I wouldn't swap rosters with them.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote