NHL 13 & General Video Game Discussion Part Quatre
View Single Post
12-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
How I play RPG's:
- Get as many powerful guys as possible and as few magic casters (but you still need one).
- Fight early and often to build up experience and strength.
- Drop tons of cash on the most powerful weapons possible for the fighters.
- Drop secondary cash on armor for the weak players.
- Repeat until the guys just decimate the enemies.
Playing FF, I can see just how far we've come. So much of it is broken. But the game is 25 years old so I can't complain too much.
I liked a lot of the ideas in FF13, but the execution was terrible. I like not micro-managing my players, but it felt too hands-off. Story was terrible, no strategy, no puzzles, no excitement.
And really since the PS era, we've gone from Final FANTASY to Final Sci-Fi. I'd really like to see a return to that. No more guns and space ships.
Back to FF, holy crap the Chaos Shrine is annoying. I can't save at all so I need an hour of uninterrupted time to go through it. I've tried three times now and keep having to re-start because I get interrupted.
View Public Profile
Visit Jarick's homepage!
Find More Posts by Jarick