View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 09:22 AM
xVx Santillo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post

Are happy to announce the following trade.

To

Colin Wilson
Mike Fisher
2014 1st (12th overall)

To
Danny Briere
Scott Hartnell

The Philadelphia Flyers would like to thank Scott and Danny for their time here and wish them all the best in Nashville. The fact remains that we have some excellent young wingers who have pushed their ways up the depth chart, making this move allows them the opportunity that they've earned while also allowing Scott Hartnell and Danny Briere an opportunity that they deserve with Nashville.

We are very happy to welcome Colin and Mike to the Flyers, we've established Colin Wilson as a young, emerging center that will be part of our team for years to come. Mike Fisher is a respected veteran in this league and we hope he will be a veteran presence to make up for the loss of Danny and Scott.

The 1st round pick allows us to identify a strong player in the upcoming draft that will develop with some of our other younger players in our system.
As the new GM of I would like to thank Mike and Colin for their short time with me...This being my first trade I see it as a "fix" for what the ex-GM of did as well as the necessary firepower that this team lacks... now has a mix of young and veteran players therefore, I confirm this trade..good luck to Colin and Mike in Philly

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote