View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
I can guarantee you that the 1st overall draft pick who, as an 18 year old rookie, exceeded Koivu's PPG in a similarly injury shortened season, will be the better player when all is said and done.

I wouldn't trade Eberle for Parise simply because of their age difference and cap hits but I agree with you that Parise is ahead at this point.

I like Dumba and think he'll be a quality player one day. A quarter way through the season, Schultz is on pace to win the AHL equivalent of the Hart, Art Ross, and Norris trophies. This really isn't debatable.

Having watched both play, in person, at last year's World Junior and hearing reports of their 19 year old seasons, I prefer Klefbom to Brodin but they are rather close.

Minnesota is going to be a very good team in the not too distant future. That said, as an Oilers fan, I wouldn't swap rosters with them.
This is what I'm talking about... It's OK to put RNH ahead of Koivu based on potential, but it's "not close" when comparing Schultz and Dumba because Schultz is a better player right now? Dumba is a tremendous prospect, and will probably be an NHLer when he's 20 or 21 years old. Schultz is dominating the AHL at 22 playing with two 1st overall picks and a PPG NHL player. If you have Schultz>Dumba because of where each player is at right now, at least be consistent and list Koivu>RNH.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote