View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 10:12 AM
MurrayBannerman
The Portents

vCash: 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
April-July were pretty much the same, between 2-5 walks per month. August and September/October were better for sure, though. I don't even think I'd ask for 60 out of him. I'd be fine with 50 if he were hitting .310+.

Grandy is definitely more of a 3 or 5 IMO... I wonder what the Yanks will want for him. I'm sure they'll ask for what a real 40 HR guy would get, even though I don't think anyone would expect 40+ jacks out of him outside of that stadium.

Back to Yunel... yeah, the stories I've heard from him within the clubhouse are just absolutely insane... and actually are from Chipper Jones. Have a buddy is friends with him, and he lives a few minutes from our general area and have sat at the bar with him every now and then during the winter when he was relaxing. Speaking of dicks, he can be a massive one himself.
All he needs is an 8% walk rate, which comes out closer to 60, then he's perfectly fine with OBPs north of .350. Heck, in 2011, he'd have an OBP of .370. Nom nom nom

I wasn't really on board with getting him in the first place, but I would assume it would start with one of the second tier, b grade guys. He's not going to net any of Baez, Almora or Soler.

Chipper can be a dick. He's awesome. Yicketty.