View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBlondeDemon10 View Post
Where did you get this information? Fedorov won a Selke and you don't win one by punching a time card. As for Fedorov's offensive prowess, back in 1996 when the Wings won 62 games TSN did a comparison between this team and the 77 Habs. They matched up Fedorov with Lafleur and gave Sergei the edge. Bit of a stretch in my opinion, but this shows how highly regarded he was at the time. As for his time on defense, I understood it to be about his versatility, not about his lack of effort. He was a class act in my opinion.
Why is it a stretch to put Fedorov 96 over Lafleur 77? It was'nt like Lafleur was Fedorov defensively. But let's call it a tie, and Lafleur of course had a pretty good peak overall.

One thing i'm thinking is this thing with Fedorovs four year playoff streak. I'm definetely not saying it was'nt great, but of course it had much to do with timing. Also, in the latter three years there, it was'nt like he was piling up points Gilmour-style. Of course there is a difference in era there, but still. Somebody also was talking about him being forst in playoff points from 91 to 03. Yeah, but 13th in PPG. Certainly something that also has to do with timing. Or more precisely, team.

Last edited by Darth Yoda: 12-04-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Darth Yoda is online now   Reply With Quote