View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Rhiessan71
Just a Fool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
God, some posters here just can't help but give Bourque as much extra credit as they can throw at him, while simultaneously taking away from Lidstrom. Bourque's teams were weaker than Lidstrom or Potvin's. Bourque also played 89% of his team's PPs in his prime, and 87% over his career. Lidstrom played 78% of his team's PPs in his prime, and 72% over his career. That is not a small difference.

I think Bourque was definitely a better even strength producer than Lidstrom (he also took more chances). But I don't think it's clear at all that he was better on the powerplay.
Devil...you know that those PP%'s are not how much of their team's PP time they played, it's the % of their teams PP goals that they were on the ice for.

Quote:
PP%: The percentage of the team’s power play goals for which the player was on the ice.

TmPP+: The strength of the player’s team on the power play. 1.00 is average, higher is better.

SH%: The percentage of the team’s power play goals against for which the player was on the ice.

TmSH+: The strength of the player’s team on the penalty kill. 1.00 is average, lower is better.
I have a feeling you may want to re-evaluate some of your points based on this correction

Rhiessan71 is offline   Reply With Quote