View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Thoughts on Ryan Hartman? The size isn't ideal, but there is a lot of fight in that little dog. Winger with sand and some skill...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Yeah, I don't see him as a first rounder right now either -- I've only caught him live once but liked what I saw. They need to think about getting skill and sand combo forwards... he's one.
Hartman's someone I wish I've seen more of this year. I've only seen him live once as well and that was over the Thanksgiving holiday all liquored up. I have no problem drafting a "smaller" two-way forward with his combination of skill, grit and motor; and I do remember him reading that he could be a late bloomer like his dad. Right now, I see him going somewhere in the 25-35 range.

He's on the preliminary roster for the WJC and had a good track record internationally as a right winger with the USNDTP, but I think it's worth noting that he's been asked to play center between Mistele ('14) and Wilson in Plymouth, which may or may not have caused a drop in stock. I haven't seen or heard enough to comment further on that and can only speculate.

However, in the game I attended, IIRC Mistele had a hat-trick and Hartman assisted on at least one with a nice tic-tac-toe pass between the three linemates. He also found Wilson for a point-blank chance in the third that was saved but then Kingston countered and netted the last goal in a 7-6 Plymouth loss. Kujawinski was relatively quiet on the night, which explains his slide in rankings.