View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 12:12 PM
kirant
Kiprusoffarian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
Like most on here I have caught a few (about a half dozen actually), 1 for sure where he was in net.
1 or 2 games are hardly legitimate sample size. In statistics, the general concept of approaching a mean with samples is 25. Of course, we don't have the luxury of getting that many games. Let's say though that Irving played only 1 game and it was an off night for him, but the others played in some normal games, does that make Irving bad?

If let's say Irving was able to play every game (I'm not 100% sure on his contract status, see below), could make it up to the Flames again without waiver issue, but was benched in favour of Brust/Taylor, then there may be issues. At the moment though, I think there's significant legitimacy to that opposing line of though.

Quote:
Fact is that Irving has been out played by 2 AHL vets so far this year. Sure they have posted some great numbers, but it still does not take away from the fact he is third fiddle.
The first post you quoted by InfiniteIggy cites a contract issue which your posts do not address (and failed to address in this post) and still stands as a possibility against your argument. If Irving's contract is still on a certain games limitation, then they could be playing him out of contractual problems, not because he's being outplayed.

Quote:
I just find it funny that if anyone does not worship one of our prospects everyone comes out with the classic quotes like "do you even watch the games?"
Whole different topic then. In that case, this becomes merely a venting of that frustration.

kirant is offline   Reply With Quote