View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 11:33 AM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
I know its not part of his game but Stuart Percy is extremely soft, resulting in lost puck battles. Sometimes Ive noticed Percy disengages from the play. I also feel Percy has very average skating ability, speedy forwards can really expose him and he doesnt seem to be able turn his hips fast when beatin to try and catch the player. If any of the Dmen get injured, Im pretty sure u would see Matt Finn selected before Percy. Im not impressed with Percy at all. He does everything very average. I think Burke blew it with this pick. They fell in love with him at the memorial cup and his +50. He got praise at the AHl level last year but I thought he looked lost and out of his league. For small stretches he looked fine, but not most of the time.

You couldn't be more Right, I've watched him closely because he's a great Kid but he just doesn't cut it as a NHL D-Man. The Leafs inept scouting staff and their completely out of touch GM just don't get it. The Leafs will never catch teams like Pittsburgh and Detroit who have two 2nd rd picks trying out for the team, in Harrington and Sproul. It's so obvious that Morrison is in over his head. Central Scouting had him rated 53 I think and the Leafs took him in the 1st, it's obvious who had it right.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote