Thread: Prospect Info: Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season
View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
I'm not saying he was guaranteed a spot on the team, I just believed he was at least guaranteed a spot on the development camp roster. It's not like Ceci is a one dimensional offensive defenseman, he's versatile and can play any role. Therefore he should have been invited to camp over someone like Pelech. That's all I'm saying.
Pelech has been almost as good offensively as Ceci this year in the OHL, while being younger, bigger, stronger and quite a bit better defensively. Pelech was also tremendous at the U18's last spring, so his international experience is actually ahead of Ceci in some ways. Plus, Pelech is just a better candidate to be a more defensive d-man for the team and be a key guy on the PK. The team will need a few d-men like that.

It's easy and understandable to be disappointed about Ceci not being invited, but it's not as easy to point at the guys who were invited and say they shouldn't be. There are many allstar d-men from Canada who never got the invite, so no shame really.