View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 12:03 PM
VaxjoDevil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
I feel very similar to this around young kids at open hockey lately... especially since you and I had a little chat a while back.

I think your native culture might be at play there as well, more than just an age thing.
I am still amazed, as I remember telling you, at the ease kids have in talking to adults at the rink. And I'm pretty certain your explanation was correct. Once at sticktime there was just me and a guy who was going to college next year. During a break we talked about what college he could choose for the best hockey program (he was major talent), and he asked how long I've been playing etc., commending me on my progress which was nice of course. Then he told me to not go too hard on myself, remember to always enjoy the game first and foremost, do not get blinded by the competitive nature of the game. Pretty wise advice for a guy less than half my age I don't think I will ever have a conversation of that quality in the oldies locker room.

Not being old-racist though, our oldest guy on the men's league team is a car mechanic and funny and pleasant as hell. Incredibly popular guy on the team actually.

Anyway, when are you showing up at Rock Ice? Still my fav place to play open hockey. I can't do this week but the week after for sure I will be there.