Thread: Value of: Marc Staal to St. Louis
View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 12:26 PM
3rdlineglory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I like Avery as a player, but that's besides the point.

Not really thrilled with the idea that Rupp and Asham play more than 7-8 minutes a night

Not really impressed with Pyatt's overall physical game, nor am I with that of Nash's either (not really what we got him for)

Callahan is a very gritty player and I like that.

Still pretty vanilla top 9.

The Rangers are stiff to play against. And by that I mean they take an awful lot of punishment and are still in enough games to win.

I would like to see the Rangers initiate and deliver contact more than they accept.

I like the Avery mindset in that he looks to eliminate the player when he makes a hit. The side show stuff I can take or leave, but the mindset is what I believe the Rangers need more of.

Of the players you mention above, Asham, Callahan and Rupp have that. The other guys...not so much.
I gotcha. I just thought you were one of those people that freaked out last September when Avery got cut and claimed how the Rangers are all of a sudden soft. So you meant the Rangers could use an agitator? Asham isn't so bad, but I agree on Rupp I think he's overpaid and isn't that useful. I don't mind Avery either and wouldn't mind seeing him back.

3rdlineglory is offline   Reply With Quote