View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 01:39 PM
sg58

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chu...he%20drive.mp3

if you listen (please do) from about 5:40, you'll hear tim murray say that he asked his agent what zibanejad wanted to do ("whatever mika wants to do"). Craig said he wanted to stay, tim agreed it was best.
Did i hear that wrong? someone correct me please because it doesn't seem like anyone interpreted this the same way as me including the guys who conducted the interview.

Tim Murray said that it was Zibanejad's decision. I doubt he would straight up lie about it.
Tim said that Oster was in touch with Swedish federation. Tim then said it was Mika's decision. Oster went back after talking to Mika and asked what Ottawa thought. Tim said "in an ideal world, he'd stay". That might sound like it's Mika's decision, but you know it's really not when the organization says something like that, and that's just an outtake of a conversation between Oster and Murray that could've been more specific.

I'll throw in some quotes from the other side, though:

"Ottawa made this decision and I have to respect that"

"Everyone who's available for the WJC wants to play in the tournament."

"There's not too much for me to control. I have a contract with Ottawa and they decide. I have to respect that and hope they make the best decision for my development. They want me here now and I'm focused on spending Christmas and New Year's in Ottawa."

Don't know why if he expects to get some kind of extended Christmas break from the AHL, though.