View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 12:45 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
You're talking about street hockey, right?

Pretty simply, street hockey with a puck sucks and it's difficult to ever really consistently achieve much worth getting excited about. If you're playing street hockey, you're best off with a specially designed, heavy duty ball that has a free-floating smaller ball inside, filled with water, which makes it behave, for the most part, like a puck. It rolls better on the pavement, allowing you to do things smoothly, as you would with a puck on the ice.

If you're talking about indoor roller hockey with a smooth floor, I'm not sure why you're having such a big problem. The puck moves nicely indoors and it shouldn't be too big of an adaptation. I personally only play ice hockey (played indoor roller for about 3 years when I was 11-14) but I have no problem grabbing a tennis ball, or one of the special balls I mentioned above, and stick handling with it outdoors for fun, nor stick handling with a roller puck on my basement floor. It shouldn't be difficult to go from puck to ball and back, etc. The only time a puck should be difficult is on pavement, and that's because, frankly, it's asinine to play with a puck on pavement. If you're talking about indoor, all of the mechanics are the same and the puck should keep gliding just like the ball would keep rolling. Are there some differences? Obviously, but if it's indoor I would say it's much more a matter of you simply getting more used to the touch and it shouldn't take you too long at all; just practice.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote