View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 01:48 PM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

vCash: 500
It is in Ottawa's best interests to keep him here though.. When you are transitioning into unfamiliar surroundings, it takes awhile to adjust and become comfortable. If you are exposed to your natural environment while adjusting, the comfort of familiarity can set back the adjustment period. To think MZ will spend a month away from the team playing on international ice. If he stays here that's a month more of transitioning his game onto NA ice.

Although the WJC is always a great tournament to gauge prospects and compare development on an even playing field, do the benefits of the competition outweigh the benefits of playing against top prospects and men in a much more physical and taxing league? The answer I think is no. I think there is just as much pressure and skill in the AHL (right now) than there is in the WJC. The edge goes to the minors because he is playing against pros on a NA size rink.

I am disappointed that I won't get to see Zbad tear it up this Christmas, but I'm not going to disagree with the Sens decision. As an 18 year old he was nearly a point per game and scored 4 goals in 6 games including the biggest goal of the tournament. It would have been nice to see him take on the tournament as a 19 year old. But like I said, I think it is for the best.