Old
12-04-2012, 12:59 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Last time the players gave in to the owners, they ended up with the better deal. A smart player union would agree to a reasonable revenue split (50/50 is fine) and in exchange go after all the small things owners could care less about (contracting rights) but that drastically affect players.
This is one of the most frustrating things to me. The players seem to be re-fighting the "battle they lost in 2004", when it turned out after everything was said and done that they did quite well under the past CBA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Sadly, there aren't a lot of smart players out there. They are under the impression that, somehow, owners don't want to grow revenues and make more money (thus paying players more). Hamrlik, Neuvirth, Jagr etc... all got tarred and feathered by fellow players for showing moderation. They've drank too much Fehr brand koolaid to turn back at this juncture. I suspect we will lose the season, the players will break and be curb stomped by the owners yet again. Considering how that turned out for everyone the last time around, it's for the best. Just not much fun for the fans.
It does seem to be something of a dysfunctional union. I really can't blame Fehr--he's just doing what the union hired him to do in the first place.

mouser is online now   Reply With Quote