View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Luvtowatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
I agree with you. Brace is a very talented hockey player and part of the foundation of the team but Boyd needs to have a tighter leash on him. Saw them playing against London, Brace had too many turnovers and his shifts were too long. Smoskowitz is a real bright spot for this team, 21 goals in 24. I do question Smoskowitz and Brace's effort on the back check though. Burnside is a very fast skater, and a compliment to the line. Really needs to improve his strength, loses the puck along the walls too easy. I feel if this line moved the puck quicker and more often they could be dangerous.

A problem with this team is that apart from the first line no other line is really contributing to the score sheet on a regular basis. And they are subject to slow starts and defensive lapses when playing strong teams. They just need to get back to the way they started the season. But they have played well ultimately and the fact that they are only 3 points out of first, James Boyd should be a candidate for coach of the year if they keep it up.
No question, Boyd should be a candidate for COY and if there is an award for GM, how he ripped Hawerchuk and Ford a new one in the Smoskowitz trade. Another trade or two like that and all the Steelhead offensive woes would be over.