Thread: Proposal: Who wants Jonathan Bernier?
View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 01:36 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Ok leaf fans you all seem to agree that you need a upgrade in goal. Your options seem to be either pay thru the teeth for a goalie on a bad contract Ilya Bryzgalov Roberto Loungo Tim Thomas etc. or go for a goalie like Bernier ( the younger with potential type) who may be slightly cheap to get but for sure is cheaper on ur cap space. It also seem to be generaly accept that the leafs also need a number one center who will cost alot of cap space. To me it seems more likely you would go with the cheaper goalie with the upside to be a number one so you will have the cap space to get a great center ( thru free agency or trade) to me this makes sence.

Now to thoses who think bernier isnt worth the number one pick + i say a reimier bernier goalie scenio would have both goalies pushing for number one status would improve the leafs to the point of playoff contention thus putting the frist into a mid round pick. Bernier is a rfa at the end of the season and with the cba pushing for longer beginning contract he should have more years added meaning you can have him cheap for at least 3 years. This adds to his value imo. Hes putting up his numbers without playing regular He posted his best number when playing regular which he hasnt in a few years because he is behind one of the best goalies in the league. It comes down to wheather leafs want to pay alot for a goalie and may not afford a number one center because of it. With a cheaper goalie garented for years you have money to throw at the center or other parts of the roster.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote