Thread: Prospect Info: Matt Frattin - A prospect profile
View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 02:41 PM
facey

vCash: 500
Sentence structure does not need to be something positive, but something negative - every single time. Accurately describing a player does not require upper and lower boundaries IMO.

I also disagree with the view that a 20G winger is anything but top 6 - please find some examples of 20G winger who are outside the top 6 for forward TOI. Given that, I disagree with Matt as unlikely to be a top 6 forward, hell we used him as one for a good stretch last year. The best part about Frattin's game, IMO, is his strength - he is more Dustin Brown than your report implies, he hits HUGE, he is fearless in pursuit of the puck and his scoring will transfer to the next level, because from what I can tell, his moves are not taking advantage of weaker opponents nor are they junior level stuff - he scores with a quick release, winning positioning for the puck and a heavy shot.

Your write up was definitely worth the read, it just felt like you started to rein in your expectations solely based on his age, or rookie season # and not on your viewings of him.

facey is offline   Reply With Quote