View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 01:50 PM
pdd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
Phaneuf would be your best defensemen.
You DO know the Wings have Kronwall, right? Right?

Quote:
Neither team does this. Even for a player like Zetterberg, I doubt the Leafs would trade Phaneuf. He leaves too big of a hole on the Leafs roster, I'm not saying Phaneuf is the better player, but I'd rather just roll with Bozak-Grabo with a top pairing of Gunnar-Phaneuf than Zetterberg-Bozak with a top pairing of Gunnar-... Um, Franson? Komisarek? It would not be pretty...
Zetterberg would instantly be the Leafs' best player by a wide margin. Phaneuf isn't even the Leafs' best player now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingz rule View Post
Debatable, I give the edge to him on offense, however i think Kronwall's better defensively. Gunnarsson covered Phaneuf a lot last season.
Why would you give the edge to Phaneuf offensively? Kronwall has never played on the #1 PP unit except for a short period at the end of last year. In 2008-09 the second unit (Franzen/Z/Hudler/Kronwall/Samuelsson) could have been argued as a "second" #1 unit. What happened that year? Kronwall scored over 50 points.

Kronwall is significantly better defensively. Phaneuf would be the #2 defenseman. Possibly even #3 or even #4; White fits the system better and isn't far behind offensively, and Smith fits the system better and has loads of offensive talent.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote