Thread: Prospect Info: Matt Frattin - A prospect profile
View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 01:53 PM
4evaBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by facey View Post
Sentence structure does not need to be something positive, but something negative - every single time. Accurately describing a player does not require upper and lower boundaries IMO.

I also disagree with the view that a 20G winger is anything but top 6 - please find some examples of 20G winger who are outside the top 6 for forward TOI. Given that, I disagree with Matt as unlikely to be a top 6 forward, hell we used him as one for a good stretch last year. The best part about Frattin's game, IMO, is his strength - he is more Dustin Brown than your report implies, he hits HUGE, he is fearless in pursuit of the puck and his scoring will transfer to the next level, because from what I can tell, his moves are not taking advantage of weaker opponents nor are they junior level stuff - he scores with a quick release, winning positioning for the puck and a heavy shot.

Your write up was definitely worth the read, it just felt like you started to rein in your expectations solely based on his age, or rookie season # and not on your viewings of him.
Distin Brown hits with a purpose, either to help him in puck recovery efforts, or as a tool of intimidation. Frattin has a lot to work on before any comparison to Dustin Brown can be made. So far in the NHL, he's not an intimidating force at all, and isn't particularly effective along boards, either.

Also, did I miss something? When did Frattin hit the 20G mark in the NHL?

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote