View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Yes ,, But you have to vote for lockout at that meeting because there was no viable other choice was my point

It was lockout or gamble that NHLPA walks off at some point in season and screws the owners

NHLPA still has yet to actually sit down and negotiate off NHL offer ,, Imagine how bad they would be acting if there was a season underway
I think we're on the same page and essentially saying the same things, except you seem to be saying that the NHL could have played without a CBA in place and I think that was never on the table to begin with (I'm pretty sure but not 100% that the NHLPA offered to extend the current CBA one year, not just go out and play hockey and not worry about that part. In the scenario of extending the CBA, then the players would not have been able to strike because the CBA prohibits the players striking)

I do have to laugh about the whole argument pertaining to the NHLPA not bargaining off of the NHLs proposal, because the proposals the NHLPA put forth are just as valid as a starting point for negotiations, but everyone jumps on the leagues side since their proposal is closer to what we're familiar with and the league was very vocal about saying "it's our way or no way at all" so people threw up their hands and said "welp it better be based off the leagues proposal then!"