View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 03:17 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I want to see how much city of Detroit money goes to this arena.
If Detroit's DDA TIF funding works like all the other DDA TIFs I've seen, the arena will be funded with tax dollars that would otherwise go to the schools, fire department, police department etc.
The children would rather see their parents tax money spent on more important things like sports stadiums instead of schools and other trivial matters.

It really is sickening that cities agree to shell out money to BILLIONAIRES so they can have the privilege of paying for their stadium which will make them even more ridiculously wealthy. Ilitch at least gives back to the city, but i still dont think he should see a dime from Detroit.

The NHL should set aside a certain amount of their profits so that they can be used toward building new arenas. All the owners contribute so that when the arena is built, it will be the property of the owner. Make it so only one new arena can be built every 5-10 years. That number can increase if it is feasible. That sounds like more than enough time to build up the capital necessary and it's highly unlikely more than one new arena will need to be built every 5-10 years.

Last edited by WingedWheel1987: 12-04-2012 at 05:11 PM.
WingedWheel1987 is online now   Reply With Quote