View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Subber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkine View Post
And just how many of those every other regular D-men have been just drafted? You just can't compare junior aged players to veteran professionals especially considering defensemen. I must say again: Mikko Koivu was a 0+1 player in SM-liiga, but in junior A league in the same season he had two points per game pace.

Just getting a chance in the SM-liiga is rare for a defenseman of that age, and Lindell held his own when he got to show his game. Again, d-men usually take longer to hit full potential.
So should we pick up guys with bad statistics in hope that they will grow up as good as Mikko did? I won't say that Lindell doesnt have potential. Why take a risk with him? Finland already has great guys on blueline like Määttä, Pokka, Ristolainen. For 7th guy he wouldn't be in my opinion guy who to trust at own end, if someone of our key D-mans does suffer injury.

We need strong defense on our own end, especially by our weak goaltender situation. Hope I'm wrong with that, but If I consider in advance, we don't have strong goalies like we've had last two years, Aittokallio and Ortio. Hopefully somebody of our goalies finds great condition and makes game easier to our defensemans. Much better to start building defensive game when team can trust their goalie.

In my opinion Määttä, Pokka, Ristolainen, Lindbohm, Vainio, Vainonen and Valkonen are all ahead of Lindell in selections. Niklas Tikkinen would've also been, dont understand why he didn't get selection to camp.

If Lindell makes it to the final team, I really hope I'm wrong. Case closed by my side.

Subber is offline   Reply With Quote