View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 02:41 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Over the next 5 years, I'd give the edge to the Wild. They're set in goal, with Backstrom and Harding for the present (hopefully Harding's MS doesn't affect him a tonne in the near future, really tough disease), and Hackett as a great goalie prospect who is basically NHL ready. They're stacked in terms of forwards too, with a solid set of established players in Koivu, Parise, Heatley, Seto, Brodziak, Cullen, Clutter and PMB, as well as some great prospects (many NHL ready) in Granlund, Coyle, Philips, Larsson, Zucker, etc. On d they've got a stud #1 in Suter, some decent supporting dmen like Gilbert, Scandella and Spurgeon, and some great prospects like Brodin and Dumba.

I can honestly see the Wild as a solid playoff team/borderline contender next year, with the ability to just get better in the future as more and more of their prospects make an impact. The Oilers are unbelievably stacked in terms of high end young forwards (RNH, Hall, Yakupov, Eberle), and they have at least one very good young dman (Schultz), but they don't have a tonne of good vets, and they have more holes than the Wild in general. I think the Wild will be better than the Oilers for the next 2 years, and Oilers vs. Wild in 3-5 years is a bit of a toss up IMO, so I'll take the Wild for the next 5 years.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote