View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 03:45 PM
xX Hot Fuss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Tbh I don't understand why Phoenix would make that move.

Yandle is better than Carter offensively, he would be a more effective forward than Carter (who doesn't have good face off, so the center argument doesn't work).

Phoenix is then downgrading from Summers to Voynov.

Also giving Vrbata (almost as good as Carter himself) up along with a 1st rounder for a bunch of mid grade/low end prospects who will never get above 80 OVR, which also relieves Chicago of cap space.

And Hejdik will probably retire.

Fuss man, I didn't say anything about the RNH one, but if you were on the other side of this one I think you'd prob be thinking about denying it.
Edit: @Evolution i also seem to remember you trading a depth forward, low-mid 80's goalie, and a scrub Dman for Franchise defenseman

Carter>>Vrbata
Yandle<<Voynov
Added Tuevo (my favorite prospect) who is a 3.5 star stud as a sweetener

Carter's faceoff rating is a 78. He was the 2nd best Faceoff guy in our league in season 1 and he did a great job winning draws for me this season and in the playoffs.
Trade 1:

-Carter can win draws, Vrbata cant
-Carter has a better shot than Vrbata
-Carter is 3 years younger than Vrbata
-Carter is also locked up to a $5.25/year cap hit for 10 years. At an 86 overall in this game thats a steal. Lucic asked for 6 mil, Marchand 6 mil, Kane (87 ovr) will ask for 8 mil
-Carter is 6'3 and crushes people, also very hard to knock off the puck while Vrbata cant hit to save his life
-I offered Hjalmarsson instead of Voynov but Voynov has better skating so PHX wanted him instead. He's 4.0 Star potential with a lot of room to improve
-I wanted Yandle because of his skating and offense. Defensively, he's not very good. His poke check and positioning make him a defensive liability whereas Voynov had the best +/- for me in the playoffs this year and was a rock

Trade 2: These are two separate trades, not one large trade

Summers is an 83 overall, lets not pretend i traded for Suter or Doughty here

-Gave up the two best picks i have remaining, a 3.5 star goalie prospect, a depth forward (who does not retire this season btw), and a guy who can skate and has 98 Wrist shot power. He can be just as effective as Mursak.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote