05-28-2006, 03:04 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierredagenais
1.Sign Huet 9 million 3 years
2.Sign aebischer because he cant refuse the 2.2 million offer.
3.Trade Aebischer & Souray for St-Louis & 1st 2006 pick( 15th).
4.Trade Bonk & Zednik for Yashin & 1st 2006 pick(7th) & 2nd 2006 pick(57th).
5.Trade Mike Ribeiro for washinton's 25th 2006 pick
6.7th erick Brassard ; 15th :Ivan Vishnevsky ; 16th : Ty wishart ; 25h: Yuri Alexandrov
1. If Huet wants $3M per year, Gainey will not make the mistake of signing him long term like he did with Theodore. 1 year, or two MAX.

2. If Aebischer will cost nearly $1 Million less than Huet, I wouldn't mind keeping Aebi and trading Cristo, though I doubt that he'd welcome a sign and trade as a UFA and all. So too much for Huet on a comparative scale. $2 Million is fair for Aebi I think. Especially if we're trading him.

3. This trade is not even close to fair. Aebischer and something for St. Louis maybe. But Souray won't get you that missing something and a 1st round pick. And I don't even want St. Louis anyway. Not a good fit here with his huge long-term contract and small stature.

4. I'll pretend you didn't just pick up the contracts of both ALEXI YASHIN AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS, and move on, saving embarassment.

5. Mike Ribeiro is not worth a first round pick. We'd be lucky to get a mid-2nd rounder.

6. Your picks are fair, but we won't end up with 4 first rounders, no way no how.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote