View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 04:46 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by latvianhockeyfan View Post
Girgensons, Blugers- playing in leagues where U-20 USA, Canada players are playing.

Lipsbergs- start season badly, but now he is scoring in every CHL game.

Jevpalovs- are great fighter and can be very good and has good chemistry with Lipsbergs.

Bukarts- Give him a good partners and their line will be producing goals.

Kuzmenkovs- 26 points in Belarus league and playing very good in defense.(+/- +12)

If I compare Czechs first two lines and ours, there will not be big difference, but our defense are far away from Czechs defense.
That's an all right group for Latvia, but it doesn't have the skill or offensive ability of the Czechs. Slovaks, maybe, but not the Czech's. I agree that it's beneficial to have these players playing against the top North American players on a regular basis, but the Czech players do the same and do a better job of it. The entire top 6 of the Czech team are drafted by NHL teams with two selected in the first and two in the second rounds.

Sure, Faksa and Girgensons can lineup together pretty evenly, and Hyka and Blugars can as well. However where do the rest of the Latvians lineup against the Czechs? Is there anyone who's as good as Hertl? Nope. Anyone who can score as naturally as Frk? Nope. A top line power forward like Jaskin? Nope. Protect the puck and produce offensively like Stransky? Nope.

I can see that Latvia can match up in two places, but those other 4 Czechs are better players than what Latvia can offer. Don't forget that the Czechs still have Vrana, Sedlak and Beran up front too.

I don't think they're really close at all.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote