View Single Post
12-04-2012, 05:08 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
SunGarrioch 6:43am via Web
Jeff Vinik has been in the league two years. Mark Chipman has been in the league one year. Both are in the room today. Why? #NHL
Can't speak for Chipman, but I can say that Jeff Vinik is a highly intelligent man and a brilliant businessman. Tampa Bay players are singing his praises in today's local papers and they say his willingness to listen and discuss could be very helpful in this process. One thing is for sure, he won't hurt the process and might be able to help the players gain some insight into this ordeal.

Originally Posted by BnGBear1970 View Post
TThe presence of Jacobs makes me fear he'll be the only one talking, and that Vinik and Chipman have already been warned to stay on point and be seen, not heard.
IMO, if that warning had been made, Mr. Vinik wouldn't be attending. That's not something he'd be likely to accept.

Originally Posted by colchar View Post
How about signing over $100 million worth of contracts in the 48hrs immediately preceding the lockout only to turn around and say "sorry, we won't be paying you the full value of the contract we signed 24 hrs ago"?
I don't know for sure, of course, but in my opinion the players who signed those deals did so knowing full well there was a very good chance there would be some element of rollback to them. Most of the fans knew it, can't believe the players and agents have their heads so deep in the sand that they had no idea that likelihood existed.

Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
I hope it isn't another

"____ wasn't willing to negotiate and that's sad"
Won't be seeing that since, as far as I know, this wasn't a negotiating session.