View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
IMO, if that warning had been made, Mr. Vinik wouldn't be attending. That's not something he'd be likely to accept.

I don't know for sure, of course, but in my opinion the players who signed those deals did so knowing full well there was a very good chance there would be some element of rollback to them. Most of the fans knew it, can't believe the players and agents have their heads so deep in the sand that they had no idea that likelihood existed.
From what I hear of Chipman, I would assume it's the same with him.

And as for those new contracts... no one knew exactly how they would phase in the new CBA (with regard to the split). There's several ways to do it so the players do not take a hit via escrow or from a rollback. But those players who signed deals (especially the ones who signed deals AFTER the NHL released it's first proposal) did so knowing full well what the NHL was looking to achieve.