View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 05:36 PM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead81 View Post
Well the most telling examples would be just about everytime he hands the Stanley Cup to the winning team. And is the league significantly better off not playing and at risk of losing both players, sponsors, fans and credibility? Better off with a potential decertification move by the players which could ultimately result in 2 years of not playing, contraction or relocation of some franchises, loss of some of the best players in the world and a whole different system. And do you think if the NHL gets what its demanding in this round, we won't be right back here in 5, 7 or 8 years? I'm sorry but I'm not buying it and I'm putting about 70% of the blame on Bettman and his cronies.
Posters have been saying that Bettman was gone after this or that for a long time. I would like to see some put their money where their mouth is and stop with the predictions as he has survived through numerous supposed "Waterloos". He'll very likely survive again. Demonizing one person is generally counterproductive in viewing the true issues at hand in a conflict. "Why is Bettman in place?" is a better question to ask.