Greg Adams - George Gee - Petr Sykora
Mark Hardy - Doug Lidster

Penalty Kill #1
Bill Clement - Bill Collins
Harold Snepsts - Dale Rolfe

Penalty Kill #2
Archie Hooper - Alexandre Burrows
Mark Hardy - Doug Lidster
Lots of talent in the top 6, but they seem a little on the soft side.

Petr Sykora was always at his best with a big forward on his line to open up space for him - in New Jersey where he had his best years, he was almost always centered by either Bobby Holik or Jason Arnott, both big bodies that could open up space for the relatively soft Sykora. Adams and Gee read like solid two-way players (Adams' time in NJ was before my time), but is either going to open up the room that Sykora needs to be most effective?

Likewise, I still have some concerns about the puck winning of your second line. Legends of Hockey rarely says a bad word about a player and their profile of Khristich calls him a skilled player "whose intensity has been questioned," and that "there was a concern over the drop in Khristich's play in the playoffs when tighter checking predominated." I like the chemistry of Prospal passing the puck to Bullard (like he passed the puck to Lecavalier in real life). Bullard definitely has some toughness, but the read I get is he'd rather fight for goals in front than fight in the corners. The second line might be fine at battling for pucks by committee, but considering toughness on the first line is also an issue, I think you could defintiely use more tougness somewhere in your top 6.

Typically strong third line for you guys, more defensive than offensive, but it can score. I can't see what seperates Burrows from similar types drafted in the MLD, so great pick there. Perhaps you could move him to the 2nd line and bench Khristich.

4th line is another solid hard working line, but I really think you could have used a real heavyweight with lack of toughness being the one weakness in your top lines.

I have no idea how to rank defensemen when we get this low. With Rolf, Reisse, Snepst, and to a lesser extent Hardy, toughness sure isn't a problem for your D. All 3 pairs seem adequate at moving the puck, though not exceptional.

Goalies seem adequate for this level, no more.

With what has been revealed here, Igor Liba is way too good to be a spare! Not sure who you would bench for him though. It's a royal shame to see someone who brings as much as Steve Rucchin as a spare, as well.

Interesting decision to play your second line on the first PP. I do think Bullard might be your best net presence. Playing Petr Sykora and his hard shot on the point of the PP is an option - he didn't play there all that often, but was quite good when he did. Just make sure the defenseman next to him can cover for his mistakes.

Penalty kills seem fine.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote