Old
12-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Eggers
:panic:

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Eggers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I think it's more along the lines of the NHLPA stalling this situation to its current condition. I don't think Fehr came out of retirement to help get this thing solved amiably. Nothing he has done has been productive to finding a CBA for this year.

Instead of crying about a lowball offer, perhaps offer a highball offer. Instead of letting the 82game schedule come and pass, make a real offer to save the season. Literally do something instead of putting an offer on a napkin and not checking the numbers would suffice. The most frustrating thing for me is that Fehr does not seem interested in saving this season and continues stalling and posturing.

How does a league, who is trying to get the floor down, going to accept a proposal where you want the floor to be linked from a % and go higher than before and cause a 24 million gap from ceiling to floor? Add in the guaranteed share clause and no wonder the league said get lost.

I really do hate Bettman and Daly and the league's ownership in general, but Fehr has taken the league hostage for no endgame.
Is there anyone in this process that you CAN'T say that about?

Fehr isn't in this to save a season, and that's not why the PA hired him. They hired him so they could get the best deal possible, knowing full well that they were supposed to get screwed in these negotiations.

At this point, I'm all for it. I hope every owner of an NHL team gets one punch in the face from each player he employs when this is all said and done.