View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 05:55 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Firstly, where did I ever say Pietrangelo is the best D under 25? I didn't. He is top 3 for sure. And Kessel's the best player at his position? Kovalchuck, Parise, and St. Louis say hi. Who says Tarasenko won't ever have a season like Kessel? He was for all intents and purposes a top 5 talent his draft year, and he's only increased his stock. Again, Kessel and Phaneuf don't fit Hitch's system like Petro and Tarasenko do, which lowers their value to the Blues. So you can go ahead and keep your guys.
I was targeting all posts in this thread, and yes Kessel is above St. Louis at this current time and on par with Parise if last season was any indication of the future. Kovalchuck played LW last season so i didnt consider him. Also, an 82 point season is an all-star calibre season, a feat that very few players ever manage which is why i said "highly unlikely" rather than "never will". I also said that it obviously doesnt make sense for St. Louis due to playing style, but to claim it "good value" for Toronto if both were extended is just ridiculous.