View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 08:31 PM
jgoud*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ View Post
You said Datsyuk never scored 30 goals, which was completely wrong.

Ovechkin is a faster and more explosive skater, but I'd say that Datsyuk is actually a better skater. He's not as fast as Ovechkin, but he has far more mobility and better technical ability in my opinion. His skating ability is part of the reason he is so easily able to fake out players all the time. It's not just the stickhandling. Datsyuk blows Ovechkin away defensively by the way, not just "by a hair." That's absolutely ridiculous. Datsyuk is a better playmaker, better 2-way player, better stickhandler, a smarter player, and always gives 100% effort. You'll never see Datsyuk gliding around the blueline with one hand on his stick in the defensive end or passively skate back into the zone on a backcheck. Datsyuk is the best player in the NHL without the puck, and again, he outscored Ovechkin last season in 8 less games. Datsyuk has been clearly better than Ovechkin for at least 2 years now

Noone in their right mind, as a Wings fan, would trade Datsyuk for Ovechkin and that god-awful contract.
I said Datsyuk has never scored more than 30 goals in a season, and i was off by 2 goals.
They are completely different players, Datsyuk is a playmaker while Ovechkin is a pure goal-scorer. Even in his worse season, Ovy scored twice as many goal as Datsyuk that season. I know Datsyuk possesses more intangibles and is more of a finesse player, but personally, i think ovechkin is more valuable and is more capable of changing the outcome of a game.

jgoud* is offline   Reply With Quote