Old
12-04-2012, 09:27 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
my thoughts exactly

I'm a fan of Tommy Cross but I'm not going pretend like this 2 points in 3 games and plus 4 overall is an indication of how the remainder of the season will be either

Both times I watched Caron play this year he looked like the best forward on the team, so points or no points he didn't underwhelm me. Im not worried about it at all.
That's encouraging to know. I like Caron and I hope he makes it but he has some work to do.

Look at recent drafts and the value that normally comes at the 25th spot in the first round.

2012 - Jordan Schmatlz
2011 - Stuart Percy
2010 - Quinton Howden
2009 - Jordan Caron
2008 - Greg Nemisz
2007 - Patrick White
2006 - Patrick Berglund
2005 - Andrew Cogliano
2004 - Rob Schremp
2003 - Andrew Stewart
2002 - Cam Ward
2001 - Alexander Perezhogin
2000 - Steve Ott

I'd be ok with him turning out to be a bottom 6 plugger ( a 15 goal/30 point guy ) with size since value wise, the 25th spot in the first round has more misses than hits.

What is the real shame is that 2009 was the draft the Bruins tried to move up because they wanted Chris Kreider badly. They nearly had him too...but after failing to swing a trade, they saw the Rangers pick up a couple of spots before where we were and we settled for Caron. Kreider would have been a great pickup for us.

sidenote to KnightofBoston: I'm starting to think ( and hope ) Cross is turning the corner in his development. If you go to any more games, let us know how he looks... I'd love to hear a scouting report.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote