View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 09:30 PM
SHAR KS
Choking Hazard

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
That still doesn't change the fact that the Dodgers have not had the luxury of getting top 10 picks like the Giants did in the late 2000s. Cain and the other guys that I already mentioned, yes, the Giants deserve credit for drafting developing them. Sandoval was an international free agent so he wasn't drafted by any means. Nevertheless, he was still a prospect that they had to develop so kudos to them. Now we get to the players that "developing" and "pretty good" shouldn't be used just yet. Brandon Crawford has light-hitting SS written all over him. Easily replaceable. Brandon Belt will be 25 next year and he still hasn't established himself and a reliable everyday 1B who can consistently hit for power. Looks like another James Loney. 2013 is his make-or-break season unless you have the patience to wait for him to become a late-bloomer. Vogelsong - Dude spent a lot of years with Pittsburgh after getting drafted by the Giants. He also went to Japan before coming back to the Giants. He was a journeyman before he suddenly found magic. Righetti deserves credit for that. Giants' player development? No. That'd be like the Red Wings counting Kyle Quincey as a "homegrown" player.
Don't care what their stats are. They are homegrown and played a huge part in the giants success. SS is the weakest hitting position and like Sabean and Bochy said they don't care if Crawford hits because he is a future GG. Also Belt has been jerked around and I'm hoping he finally plays a full season at 1B, still has a ton of potential. I agree with Vogelsong/Righetti. Like i said they are homegrown players who helped the Giants win a WS and that's all that matters. And Cain was picked 25th overall not top 10.

SHAR KS is offline   Reply With Quote