View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Til the End of Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I have no interest in blowing the roof off of the building. I am not much of a noise maker. I'll clap and join in for a few rounds of a lets go pens chant. But I'm not going to do it all game. I'm not going to stand up and make noise for the hell of it. I am going to intently watch the hockey game. In no way, shape or form does that mean I care less about the team than the drunk guy next to me shouting all night long. I'm probably in the bottom 20% for noise level. I guarantee I follow the team more closely and care more about the team than 90% of the people at games.
i'm generally the same way (ie want to "study" the game), which is why i don't normally go to games (plus i'm poor).

but dont you think fans have some responsibility in making the arena a loud, hostile place for the opposition? last year it almost seemed like the pens were scared to go play in philadelphia (where the crowds are notoriously mean/rowdy) while the flyers just waltzed right through pittsburgh. and there were times last season where the pens were flat, and the announcers commented on the team needing a possible boost from the crowd, and the place was just silent. teams feeding off the crowd might be total BS, but i'd rather it be too loud than too quiet.

Til the End of Time is offline   Reply With Quote