View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

vCash: 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
I mean biggest games over the course of an 82 game regular season.
Do you have some evidence to back up your claim that Reimer played against tougher opponents than Schneider?

Quote:
I'm not assuming that the entire difference is because of the skaters defensive play. I'm assuming that both superior goaltending and superior defensive play contribute to an overall successful defence. Your opinion is that Schneider in Toronto would put up a .920, so you admit that part of the reason Schneider has superior numbers is because he plays on a better team.... shouldn't have been this difficult. Now take away the luxury of being his team's #2 goalie, and instead having only Jonas Gustavsson as a backup, and that number continues to drop.
Again, Schneider played more games than Reimer did last year. You can't simply invent reasons to lower his sv% to fit your argument. And what does the quality of Gustavsson have to do with how good Reimer was?

Quote:
That's funny because Reimer has played basically 85% of the frequency of a 65 game goaltender over the duration of his career, while Schneider has played less than half that.
I do not understand what that means.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote